Leadership is an important role in the business world, which is why a leadership MBA can help make you indispensable to the company you choose to work with. The leadership skills gained through your training could lead you to opportunities managing competitors, partners, supplies, and customers in medium to large sized business settings. Throughout the course, you’re likely to work on analytical and financial decision making and research the functionality and interactive core of the company that you become a part of. Being prepared for the success that you may reach in these positions means implementing a variety of techniques and tools that you’ll learn along the way, through both hands on training and online learning.
Training and Courses
Depending on how long your program runs for, you may end up taking classes for anywhere from 3 to 4 years, although there are often ways to fast track the process by taking extra courses, but this will only be an option if your grades are high enough to manage this option. Students have the choice of taking the classes for the leadership MBA course in a classroom setting, or through correspondence over the internet. If you choose to work online, you’ll still be participating in live seminars and conferences with professors and global leaders of organizations that are relevant to your studies. Online learning gives you the ability to learn from anywhere, as you’re not limited by physical boundaries. For those with less distance learning, there are hands on training techniques with team exercises that work to build on your strengths as a leader.
Leadership MBA programs are designed to prepare you for leadership and management roles in enterprises and large corporations. They place emphasis on the qualitative and quantitative analytical expertise and information necessary to find success in the ever growing business world. You may find yourself in a senior management role, or working in education as a school director. The career path that you take will vary based on the field that you choose, and the educational process that you followed before taking your leadership MBA. It’s perfect for those seeking to become entrepreneurs; it also gives you the perfect platform to enter into politics or government work.
A leadership MBA is a fairly broad subject as far as career choices are concerned, which means that you could be offered any number of positions so long as they fall under your chosen field of expertise. The amount that you earn as a salary will also depend on the chosen field. If you decide to work in the education field, say as a school director or principal, then you may earn around $100,000 to $100,600, whereas a leadership business role in a healthcare profession could give you an extra $50,000 per year. A leadership degree offers you the skills necessary to find your way into the executive level, which would guarantee you $200,000 or more with the qualifications that a leadership MBA brings.
Other Factors Affecting Salary
The level of skill you achieve, and the title of your position is just two variables that could alter how much money you can make with a leadership MBA. Where you live and where you’re willing to commute to could also offer incentive for higher earning potential. Large city dwellers have more opportunity for big business, but some states also just have a better potential for higher incomes in certain fields. This means that researching your chosen position and being willing to relocate to an area where the pay rates are higher could be beneficial. Other degrees that you’ve got under your belt could also affect the overall amount that you make, or the benefits available, such as 401k accounts, stocks, and health benefits packages.
With the constant up and down of the economy, having a solid foundation through a leadership MBA can help take some of the risk out of your chosen career path. It does this because the skills that you acquire work for more than just one position, which means that you aren’t limited to a certain field or pay grade, but can branch out and entertain multiple areas of expertise. It may still take some time to find a position that offers you the benefits and income that you’re aiming for, but a leadership MBA should help you take the fast track from any kind of entry level positions into senior management and executive roles, as long as you’re willing to work for it.
Featured Online MBA Programs
Online Leadership MBA Options
Earning your MBA is one of the best ways to accelerate your career and boost your earning potential. If you are considering your MBA, be sure to consider the outstanding programs below that specialize in business leadership, and do not require GMAT scores:
- Walden University – M.B.A. in Leadership – (Highly Recommended!) You can realize your potential to lead companies and people, and strongly influence your organization with this leadership specialization. You will learn many perspectives of what makes a strong leader, and you also will have plenty of opportunity to evaluate your personal leadership style. This fully online program does not require a GMAT score and you can finish it in about 22 months. Walden also offers a M.S. in Leadership – Leader Development, M.S. in Leadership – Innovation & Technology, M.S. in Leadership – General Management.
- Grand Canyon University – This program gives you the chance to become a transformational leader through the application of the most modern business practices. The program focuses on how the global economy affects organizational decision making, sourcing and planning. You will develop your interpersonal skills to address every practice and you also will learn to better comprehend the impact of diverse cultures in the business world. You will be encouraged to become a strong critical thinker and decision maker through the application of original research.
- St. Joseph’s College – MBA in Leadership – This accredited MBA in leadership program has a strong focus on critical thinking and social responsibility, and it will ready you to be a highly skilled manager of companies, and also a respected leader of your team. You will learn not just operational oversight, but also great competency in fundamental business skills and a strong understanding of business relationships. The curriculum covers all from economics to ethics.
- Liberty University – The Master of Business Administration with a specialization in Leadership will ready you for many leadership positions in the corporate world. You will learn how to lead major changes at organizations, how to develop servant leadership, and how you can master executive leadership skills. These skills will be taught to you in a team setting, and you will be given all the tools you need to become a highly qualified business executive.
- Ashford University – You can greatly improve your professional confidence, project management skills and critical thinking with an online MBA with no GMAT from this top college. When you graduate with this MBA with a focus on leadership, you will have a strong background in business management and how to lead all types of organizations. This program is appropriate for professionals in private business, investment banking, small business management, government and nonprofits.
- Tiffin University – The MBA degree program at Tiffin focuses on developing superior competencies in leadership, teamwork and communications skills. Also, you will become very adept in information technology and problem solving. The leadership concentration will help the working professional to develop the skills he or she needs to lead institutions in education, health care, social services, government, law enforcement and religious institutions. This program stresses superior decision making and managerial skills. No GMAT is required.
- University of Liverpool – This online MBA program is a highly flexible way for you to earn your business graduate degree in about two years. This program is fully accredited in the United Kingdom and does not require the GMAT. The leadership track covers the most critical leadership concepts and techniques that will make you a success in many different business environments. You will learn about successful leadership in a truly global context. There also will be an emphasis in this program on how to lead in consideration of different cultures and political boundaries.
- Concordia University – This highly flexible MBA program in leadership is perfectly designed for the working professional. You will learn how to meet the most difficult ethical and administrative challenges in business today. You can earn your online MBA with no GMAT in about 2.5 years.
- John Brown University – The MBA program with an emphasis in leadership is made to give you all of the academic knowledge that you need in all business subject matter. It also is intended to partner this knowledge with real world applications that are most relevant to all of your professional goals. With this leadership MBA with no GMAT, you will be truly prepared to offer the best company leadership.
- Baker College – You can earn a Master’s Degree from this fully accredited, online university with no GMAT needed. The Leadership Studies program is specially set up for any of you who want to move into an upper level management or administrative role. You will explore all sorts of leadership issues and theories that are designed to help you improve your leadership skills.
- Keiser University – This Master of Business Administration is an intense graduate program that will provide you with the most modern practices and theories of the current business world. This program will promote independent learning and will enable you to contribute strongly to the business world. You can earn your MBA with the specialty Leadership for Managers in about 3 years of online study.
- Meridian University – This is a new online program with no GMAT required. After two years, you will earn your MBA in Creative Enterprise, which will focus on new business models, cooperative alliances, and entrepreneurial insights. All of the teachers in this online program are experts in their fields and holds doctorates.
- Post University – MBA in Leadership – (Highly Recommended!) The Malcolm Baldrige School of Business offers you an online MBA with no GMAT in leadership. It is designed for professionals who want to make a strong difference in the leadership of their organization. This program is designed for those who are either leading currently or want to lead their organization in new markets, services, products and innovations. Successes and failures of past leadership roles will be studied. You also will evaluate yourself in leadership roles and discuss the new models of leadership that are common today.